Friday, May 18, 2007

Berlin: An Introduction

18 May 2007

I arrived in Berlin two days ago. Yesterday, I took an 8 hour walking tour of Berlin. It was informative, insightful, and incredibly exhausting. I haven’t much to say about it. Berlin is a nice city, very modern. It certainly is low on my list of awesome cities as it has almost no skyline and not really any old, old buildings. But I suppose after over half a decade of totalitarianism they deserve a break. Here are some of my views of the city.





Berlin Dom

Berlin Dom

Memorial to Dietrich Bonhoeffer

War Memorial

Site where Nazi bookburnings took place

Monument to the murdered Jews of Europe

A shaft leading into what once was Hitler's bunker

Checkpoint Charlie



Remnants of the Berlin Wall



Pergamon Museum

Ishtar Gate of Babylon

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dietrich bonhoeffer!!

my mom made me read his biography for history a couple years ago.

impressed.
(the pictures are great)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home