Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Are…you…serious? COME ON!

"I hate snow!"~Eric

I’m currently taking a break from writing a paper which is due tomorrow. It’s on religious language. Because it is so hard to read these big words, I can’t communicate what I want to say, so I’m just going to ignore the paper and hope it goes away or that possibly I wake up in Southern California.

Last night I went to a rock n’ roll concert. A couple bands I’ve liked for sometime were playing in Oxford in a little venue known as The Zodiac. We stayed for the first two bands, The Showdown and Maylene and the Sons of Disaster, but soon left, primarily because loud music hurts my ears, and secondly because I hate going to concerts. It was still a great time and it was funny to see two bands, whose members are your average Southerner with dirty clothes and noticeable accents, play in front of a bunch of English kids. For a few minutes, I felt at home.

I went to bed expecting to get up bright and early to begin work on the very same paper I am currently not doing. To my dismay, I looked outside our bedroom window, which is the basement of the house we live in, to see a backyard covered in snow. COME ON! I quickly got online and ordered the next flight home from Heathrow, only to discover that the snow was rapidly melting. It seems to have been a light powdering, because only a small scattering of snow is now visible, hidden behind the shade of small walls or wrapped around the trunks of enormous trees. Thankfully, it’s not as bad as Chicago, but for a second I was very scared.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

now aren't you sad that you made me take your coat home?

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and aren't you glad I told you about that amazing show??

10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

annie and i are currently cracking up. gracias. haha.
besitos! caiters and annie

1:39 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

I finally got internet, so I can finally check Eric's epic blog.

It tastes so good, it hurts.

More. I want more.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff*........awww....too bad

6:51 PM  
Blogger eric said...

When I see Ryan next, I will fight him.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home