Thursday, April 12, 2007

"Even more of these..."

Whoso List to Bunt*
(an original)


Whoso list to bunt, I know the sweet spot,
But as for me, alas, I’m last to bat;
Neglected on the bench, hand holding hat,
Mar’ thinks I’m no good, so I don’t have a shot.
Yet may I by no means give up the hope
To step up to the dish, step to the plate.
Sweating, I swallow, unknowing my fate.
The ball is pitched, I stand lookin’ hot.
Who list to bunt, I only wish to hit
To make Robs proud, maybe get a homerun.
But lo! The ball soars and off runs Watson,
Everyone shouts, but it is me that has to get
The ball hit over the fence in the ditch.
“Go Rally Capa!” I love slow-pitch.



*Inspired by Sir Thomas Wyatt's "Whoso List To Hunt"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home