Bath Time!
My blog postage has been horrible in the past few days. I hope this hasn’t prevented the majority of you faithful readers from tuning in to seeing what my life is like. Once again, I will have to pick up where I left off—the Tuesday after last week Sunday.
The final place I visited with my visiting family was the city of Bath. I loved Bath, it was actually one of my favorite places visited thus far. Tourism was light and it was just nice little town not crowded with all the noise and chaos that usually creeps its way into Oxford.
We visited Bath Abbey first which is towards the center of town and right next door are the Roman Baths. I honestly didn’t think that a Roman bath would be that exciting, but once again I was amazed at how interesting the little things can be here in England. Although nowhere close to their original glory, the baths still give off an ancient, mysterious aura. They seem to transport you back to the days of Ancient Roman domination. I thought the whole history was excitingly fantastic; I wouldn’t mind going back. I felt the water, it was hot. I drank it too; it was really gross as my broseph will also testify.
After the baths, we grabbed lunch at a nearby pub and then stood outside Jane Austen’s house which is on 25 Gay St. I thought it fitting since that’s how I would describe most of her novels. Now it is a dentist office.
We then split from my mother and as she went shopping, broseph and I took a trip to the botanical gardens. The gardens were lovely. Everything is in bloom here and looking a lot more like southern California. On our way back we stopped at what I think was one of the most impressive playgrounds I have ever laid eyes on; just about a million possibilities, from skateboarding venues to monkey bars, slides, swings of all shapes and varieties. We played for a few minutes and made our way back to the bus station.
Before getting on the bus, we took a detour to Sally Lunn's house which is the oldest house in Bath. There you will find a nice little place for tea and the possibility of buying (and eating) one of Sally Lunn's Buns, they are world famous, and I loved them. Of course, they tasted like any normal bun, but I love to exaggerate, so I devoured mine like a ravenous wolf and acted like it was the best thing I had ever eaten in my life.
I am glad I went to Bath, although I had to give up seeing Whitefield’s church to do it; I still feel like I made the right decision.


The final place I visited with my visiting family was the city of Bath. I loved Bath, it was actually one of my favorite places visited thus far. Tourism was light and it was just nice little town not crowded with all the noise and chaos that usually creeps its way into Oxford.
We visited Bath Abbey first which is towards the center of town and right next door are the Roman Baths. I honestly didn’t think that a Roman bath would be that exciting, but once again I was amazed at how interesting the little things can be here in England. Although nowhere close to their original glory, the baths still give off an ancient, mysterious aura. They seem to transport you back to the days of Ancient Roman domination. I thought the whole history was excitingly fantastic; I wouldn’t mind going back. I felt the water, it was hot. I drank it too; it was really gross as my broseph will also testify.
After the baths, we grabbed lunch at a nearby pub and then stood outside Jane Austen’s house which is on 25 Gay St. I thought it fitting since that’s how I would describe most of her novels. Now it is a dentist office.
We then split from my mother and as she went shopping, broseph and I took a trip to the botanical gardens. The gardens were lovely. Everything is in bloom here and looking a lot more like southern California. On our way back we stopped at what I think was one of the most impressive playgrounds I have ever laid eyes on; just about a million possibilities, from skateboarding venues to monkey bars, slides, swings of all shapes and varieties. We played for a few minutes and made our way back to the bus station.
Before getting on the bus, we took a detour to Sally Lunn's house which is the oldest house in Bath. There you will find a nice little place for tea and the possibility of buying (and eating) one of Sally Lunn's Buns, they are world famous, and I loved them. Of course, they tasted like any normal bun, but I love to exaggerate, so I devoured mine like a ravenous wolf and acted like it was the best thing I had ever eaten in my life.
I am glad I went to Bath, although I had to give up seeing Whitefield’s church to do it; I still feel like I made the right decision.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home