More Like Super-Bad...
As most of you know, sports are about as foreign to me as speaking Chinese. But I thought that being away from the great US of A for a season; I should maybe make an attempt to watch a little bit of the Superbowl. Kickoff was at 11:30pm and I only watched the first half, but you can imagine my delight when I woke up this morning and found that the team I had been rooting for won the NFL title.
I thought the first half was at least entertaining. I don’t know much about the game, but there were a lot of what I think are called “fumbles,” “interceptions,” and “turnovers” (if I’m not mistaken the first two are types of the latter). The touchdown after the kickoff was pretty impressive, and overall a packed out pub full of Americans made me feel a little bit more at home.
A lot of people are probably wondering why someone living part-time in Chicago wouldn’t root for a team that had been a big success this season. Well, I’ll give you a hint: When checking the news this morning, I saw two headlines and I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive, “Windchill 35 Below: Chicago” and “Colts tame Bears for Superbowl Victory.”
I hope most Chicagoans are disappointed, they should be. Their city has nothing to offer but losing football teams and unbearable weather. I suppose Indianapolis isn’t much better, but I do love to hate on the Midwest whenever I get a chance. San Diego may not have the best football team, but we are living in a paradise. Go Chargers!
Number One reason why the Bears lost.
I thought the first half was at least entertaining. I don’t know much about the game, but there were a lot of what I think are called “fumbles,” “interceptions,” and “turnovers” (if I’m not mistaken the first two are types of the latter). The touchdown after the kickoff was pretty impressive, and overall a packed out pub full of Americans made me feel a little bit more at home.
A lot of people are probably wondering why someone living part-time in Chicago wouldn’t root for a team that had been a big success this season. Well, I’ll give you a hint: When checking the news this morning, I saw two headlines and I don’t think they’re mutually exclusive, “Windchill 35 Below: Chicago” and “Colts tame Bears for Superbowl Victory.”
I hope most Chicagoans are disappointed, they should be. Their city has nothing to offer but losing football teams and unbearable weather. I suppose Indianapolis isn’t much better, but I do love to hate on the Midwest whenever I get a chance. San Diego may not have the best football team, but we are living in a paradise. Go Chargers!
Number One reason why the Bears lost.

2 Comments:
San Diego Weather Sunday afternoon 75 degrees and Sunny.(just like most of the days in February)
You had to go ripping on the Bears AND Chicago. Insert sad nod here.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home