The Tell-Tale Twitch
I’ve done a lot of reading in the past few days. Mostly little articles in philosophy and more C.S. Lewis, nothing too bad, but it seems that the days of reading and academic pursuits have taken their toll. Two days ago my eye began twitching. It twitched off and on throughout the day, and I was often left attempting to read with one eye closed, or taking quick cat naps to get rid of the twitch. I thought that it might be a potassium deficiency, so I went to the covered market today and bought a bunch of bananas. I hate bananas.
I finished my first paper this evening and have my first tutorial session tomorrow afternoon. Some kids seem a bit nervous for their first meeting with the tutors; I guess I’m not too worried. I figure that I’ll make up for my lack of knowledge by pretty much being a chilled out entertainer and personality will win the heart of my tutor. So far, I’ve been able to pull the same trick back home. And if the tutor asks me why I can’t recall all my reading, I will blame it on the twitch; it was physically impossible for me to do homework.
I finished my first paper this evening and have my first tutorial session tomorrow afternoon. Some kids seem a bit nervous for their first meeting with the tutors; I guess I’m not too worried. I figure that I’ll make up for my lack of knowledge by pretty much being a chilled out entertainer and personality will win the heart of my tutor. So far, I’ve been able to pull the same trick back home. And if the tutor asks me why I can’t recall all my reading, I will blame it on the twitch; it was physically impossible for me to do homework.

4 Comments:
how did that work out for you?
Hey Eric, in your case, the twitch is most likely from fatigue. The best solution is rest and warm packs on the effected. I have had a twitchy eye a few times and it's anoying. But usually after some decent rest, it goes away. Hope this helps.
sorry you're still twiching, I hope it gets better.
You must have caught the eye twitch from me!!! I suggest Botox. Just tonight I started reading your blog(s) and realize how much I miss you. I soooo wish I could be experiencing it all...I don't think that my Spring break will be spent with you guys. =( But sometime in our lifetimes we'll make a date. Deal? Keep in touch if you find time. Muah!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home